Saturday 16 May 2020

Substitution

My 'K is for Knitter' sampler is coming right along.
I have very much enjoyed the specialty stitches. I did, however, substitute #12 Perle Cotton Blanc for the cream silk threads that were called for. I'm happy with that.
I have little bits to finish on what I have done and the top part to complete.

Finally today we have a lovely, sunny day. I washed the windows using this recipe with Jet Dry - a dishwasher spot-free rinsing agent. Actually I got a cheap version from the dollar store. In the past I have squeegeed the water off but using this recipe avoids that - mostly.

I was quite pleased with the results but there were still a couple of spots. Some I could reach to wipe off with a microfibre cloth and I just left the others. I need to get something that will let me wipe off high areas with a cloth. I think I need to use a bit more rinsing agent next time.

We have had some visitors to the garden. This morning an oriole ate from a piece of orange I had flung on the ground. (The lawn was mowed shortly after I took this photo).
Add caption
A pair of American golfinches stopped by.
Add caption


Last Mother's Day (2019), Skip and I ate at a local bacon and eggery. On the way out I was handed a little pot of pansies/viola by the server. We stuck them in the ground and basically ignored them.

Today they are about 4x the size.
Our early lilac bush is budding. It will be nice to have the fragrant blooms on our kitchen table in a couple of weeks.
The spurge plant is small this year. This is it in bloom. After this the entire plant is green and stays about the same size. We've had it almost the entire time we've lived in this house - 24 years this summer.

Blogger has changed the format of the templates - I'm not really happy about this but I guess I will adapt. It's just taking me longer to do posts as I try to find the formatting features I'm used to.

We hope everyone is being sensible and paying attention to the advice we've been given about living during the pandemic. As Skip and I are in the 65+ demographic we have been staying home except for when I go shopping, and always wear our masks when we have to go out among people. I really miss Japanese food but think I have found a local restaurant that will do take-out bento boxes. I also miss a good feed of Mexican food. One of our trips within Ontario this summer will be to Aylmer ON for a Mexican food run. There is a Mexican Mennonite group there operating a couple of stores and eateries.

Tonight we're having chicken souvlaki on the barbecue while it's still nice out. The rest of the weekend could be crappy so will have to cook inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment