Friday 15 May 2020

¡Más Tacos, Por Favor!

I made some more taco thread catchers today.
I really love the randomness of them.

I practiced some quilting patterns. This 30 degree one is my favourite straight-line pattern.
This started out as an 'x' and I went out from the centre.

Artfully arranged.
I did quilt onto batting and added additional fusible batting on top before attaching the bias tape. My bias tape sewing wasn't the best so I'm going to use glue on the parts that look like they may come apart.

It is a very gloomy, rainy day today with coolish temperatures and the beginning of our May long weekend commemorating the birthdate of Queen Victoria 201 years ago on May 24. Customarily, cottagers would have opened their cottages prior to this weekend and would have friends and family up for the long weekend. However, medical services, food,  and household supplies are limited in the smaller communities in 'cottage country' and people have been urged to either stay home or take everything they need to their cottage and isolate themselves without having people visit them. There are arguments for both sides which I won't get into here. I just hope that if people do travel to their cottages this weekend that they don't do anything stupid and set our curve-flattening soaring upwards again. The weather is supposed to be really nice tomorrow and rainy on Sunday and Monday. I hope that keeps things relatively calm.

Skip and I have no big plans. Every day is pretty much the same. We have been more or less isolated together since we left for TX on January 27 - 110 days ago (but who's counting?). We are very fortunate that we really like each other and have not minded being safe at home all this time. We will have been together 25 years next month. So lucky are we in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment