Friday 17 July 2020

An FO and an FFO

I started this the other day and finished it today.

It's Teresa Kogut's "Star Shaped Snowman". I stitched one over 2 on 36ct dirty linen. It was a pretty fast stitch.
In the 2019 Christmas-Winter issue of 'Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher Magazine', Vonna Pfeiffer, 'The Twisted Stitcher' did a finish for this exact project.
Teresa will be releasing other ornaments this shape so Vonna's instructions can be followed for them as well. This one looks like it was stitched on Monaco cloth 2 over 2.

I also Finally Finished the Honeybee Sampling. I found a raw wood 3-picket fence at the craft store. I had ivory chalk paint on hand and the finishing wax.

I laced it to a piece of foamcore and glued it onto a backing that I had covered with gold fabric. I then glued them to the picket fence. I may add a bow and covered button. In the meantime I like the simplicity of the finish.
I went to Kim's to pick the fabric for my 'Newcastle Bouquet' project. It's Wichelt 40ct Sandstone linen. I am using all the called-for threads with one exception. The called-for colour for the white flowers is almost the same as the fabric. I'll swap it out for a lighter colour that will 'pop'.

No comments:

Post a Comment