Thursday 9 July 2020

Another FFO

I purchased this Lizzie Kate pattern a while back. I'm not sure when or where. The pattern came with the fabric - a very stiff 28ct linen, starfish charm, and beads. I had most of the threads in my stash and only had to buy a couple of colours to start the project.
Lizzie Kate A Little Beach - Cross Stitch Kit K69 - 123Stitch
It stitched up quickly.  There were significant creases in the fabric where it was folded to fit into the package. I pressed them out by putting the finished project face down on the ironing board covered with a loopy towel, spraying it with MaryEllen's Best Press, and pressing the bejeepers out of it.  That seemed to do the trick.

The frame was already in my stash. I cut foam core to fit the frame opening and covered it with a piece of batting. Then centred the design on the front and laced the back.
It reminds me of South Padre Island.  (sigh)  I hope we get to go there again, even if only for a couple of weeks during a bird migration.

I curse the pandemic and the US president's poor leadership mishandling it. Skip and I love to take little trips to the US (and big winter ones). In addition to the disruption to our lives here at home, we feel really cheated.

No comments:

Post a Comment