Thursday 30 July 2020

#2, #3, and #4

These guys eclosed this morning.
Two of them were out by the time I came down for breakfast and the third was ready to emerge.
I took the castle outside and set up the camera hoping to catch its emergence on video. The chrysalis is completely transparent and the scrunched up butterfly is visible through it.
Unfortunately I missed the first part by only a few seconds.

I haven't figured out how to edit and upload the other video.

I left the Caterpillar Castle open and out on the deck hoping the three adults would fly out when they were ready. When I checked on them several hours later, they had gone.

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading about your Monarchs. In the UK we are having a bumper year for butterflies. Silver-washed Fritillaries and Purple Hair streaks and hundreds of Meadow Browns, Hedge Browns and Ringlets. Plus we have had plenty of time to get out into the woods to see them.

    ReplyDelete