Friday 3 July 2020

Lots of Little Projects

I finally got the model sampler mailed off to Teresa Kogut on Tuesday. After I got home from the post office, I remembered that I hadn't completed one row of about 9 stitches around the base of one of the flower pots. Oops! Neither Teresa nor I noticed when I sent her a photo before mailing it. She'll fill in those stitches before FFOing it.

Here's Teresa's sneak peek of her floss toss for this piece called Above All. It is scheduled for release in the fall. Those who love primitive colours will like this one.No photo description available.



I started a Lizzie Kate sampler from a kit I'd had in my stash. The kit contained the linen fabric, pattern, beads, and starfish charm. I had to go to Michaels to pick up a colour or two that I was missing. I hope I can get the creases ironed out when I'm finished.
While there, I also picked up the missing colours I need to start this project. I'm pretty sure I have an appropriate fabric in my stash.
Shelley and Jeanette are crocheting lap blankets for the chemo patients at the local cancer centre. Never one to be left out, I found a bunch of worsted weight acrylic yarn in my stash that I could use. While at Michaels getting floss, I bought a 6mm crochet hook for this project as I knew with a bigger hook, the project would go faster and the fabric would be less dense.

At first I thought I'd get all fancy-schmancy and do a ripple pattern. However, I found I had to concentrate too hard for the increases and decreases whilst binge-watching YouTube and Amazon Prime videos so I ripped out several ripple attempts and decided to just do a plain double crochet (treble crochet in the UK) blanket.

This represents several hours doing this. It's slow going but MUCH faster than if I had knit it. I'm happy to be getting rid of stash yarn as my stash of stitchery, sewing fabrics, and yarn are in the SABLE category - Stash Acquision Beyond Life Expectancy.
With my inevitable demise (hopefully a couple of decades from now) in mind, today I printed up labels to put on the back of many of my FFOd stitched pieces, particularly ones I didn't sign. I then affixed them on the back of the corresponding pieces.
Thank goodness for the search feature on this blog (white window under 'Search this Blog' on the top right) because I was able to find when I actually stitched or FFOd most of the pieces.
This is much like putting the date on the back of photographs.

Now I need to get back to my crocheting.

No comments:

Post a Comment