Thursday 30 July 2020

Another Blanket à la Hudson's Bay

The latest crochet blanket is over half done. This is the first half. I'm at the end of the green in the second half.
I'll buy some more white yarn to make another one to use up the coloured yarns.

I did somewhat of a destashing earlier in the week and some of my Tuesday night fibre fans took about half of the yarn and fibre off my hands. I'm making room for some of my fabric stash.
If I clear out another cubby from this IKEA shelf, I can probably get the rest of my fabrics in there. I may arrange them by colour at some point. I need to continue to destash as a lot of my stuff just sits here year after year and at this point, I'm ready to get rid of some of it. My yarn stash alone is vast and I need to get rid of more of it to make room for fabric.

I made another batch of basil pucks today.
Image may contain: plant
After washing and spinning basil leaves, I put them in the food processor and drizzle some olive oil while processing. Then I press them into the mini-muffin tin. I could also use ice cube trays or silicone ice cube trays but I didn't have any spare ones. After freezing them solid, I pop them out of the mold and into freezer bags to be used after the season is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment