Tuesday 3 January 2023

My 'Academy of Sewing'

Last month I sewed a couple of zipper bags with exterior zipper pockets. I used this Crafty Gemini video as the basis for crafting the outer zipper pocket.

Yesterday, I spent the afternoon with Jen1 and Poppy at Jen's house and we made zipper bags with external zipper pockets. After a few false starts and a quick trip home for me (Poppy left her machine's power cable at home and I left my machine's bobbin case at home), we got underway.

I used the dimensions used in the video. The bags turned out well but as Jen1 would say they were very 'wee'. The basics of how we did the zipper pocket could be incorporated into any size bag either on the exterior or the interior.

Here they were, beavering away on their projects.

Jen1:

and Poppy:

They felt the instructions I had written out from the video were pretty clear but I did change a couple of things for even more clarity and to indicate options for different size bags.

They were pretty pleased with the results. I made Jen1 pose in front of her beautifully stitched flower sampler.
Poppy is now eager to try other sewing projects.
I'm having the regulars over for a stitching day tomorrow. We can discuss what sewing projects they want to do next.

I FINISHED THE MODEL I'VE BEEN STITCHING FOR PANSY PATCH QUILTS AND STITCHER FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS! (except for 4 stitches Lori noticed I had left out). I will add them tomorrow and she can pick it up on the weekend for framing in lots of time for Market the first weekend of March.

With that finished, I can finish the model I'm stitching for Teresa Kogut, work on the stitchalong, and start a few other projects. I am very eager to do more English Paper Piecing now that I have so many beautiful fabrics for the various patterns I want to try. I started making a list as I remember different projects I want to do.

Tomorrow should be lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment