Sunday 8 January 2023

Stitching Days

This has been a big week or so of stitching for me. I stitched at Jeanette's a week ago Wednesday, last Monday with my weekly stitching group, and again on Wednesday here at my place. 

I was able to finish the Pansy Patch Quilts and Stitchery model of the Houses on Pumpkin Lane and hand it off to be framed and ready for Lori to take to Market the first weekend of March.

I am in the home stretch of the model I'm doing for Teresa Kogut who also wishes to release the pattern at Market.

Yesterday our guild had a stitch day at our meeting place. These folks were the first to arrive.


Others came and went throughout the day. 
 
Our meeting place has great lighting although most of us brought our own lamps. There is also a little kitchen where we can brew coffee or tea, store our lunches in the fridge, and wash up after we're done with snacks and drinks.

There was discussion and brainstorming about how we might want to do our own French purses - basically a flat piece of stitching reinforced with sturdy cardboard. The corners can be bent up to create a little tray.

Here's Sylvia's in flat format. The ribbons tie to make the angled corners and create the 'tray'. Here key suggestions was to select the ribbon before you select the floss for the project. It is much easier to find a floss to match the ribbon colour rather than the other way around.

Siobhain used her initials for the center and blackwork for the borders - the sides of the French purse. She also created several coordinating accessories, or smalls.
Barbara's was an original Schwalm piece with a needle book and pincushion.
I'm not sure what mine will be like but I may use an existing pattern for the base rather than trying to 're-invent the wheel' and create something from scratch. But until I finish my model for Teresa and get some of my own stitching done, this project will be on the back burner. I may not even get it completed with the rest of the guild.

No comments:

Post a Comment