Wednesday 10 May 2023

Needing to Feel a Sense of Completion

Today I had a strong urge to finish some things. I had the pieces of two project bags cut out and ready to sew. I just needed to cut the vinyl and lining and get to work.

Creating the checkerboard patterns with 2 1/2" squares is time-consuming but very satisfying. Assembling everything took about the same time as creating the outer 'quilted' fabric.

I finished this one first. The fabrics are La Grande Soirée collection from French General. 

As random as they are, I separated darks, mediums, and lights and arranged them in a diagonal fashion.
It was interesting to work with the three palettes - red, grey-blue, and cream.

The zipper pull was made with what I had on hand.
I've had the Kaffe Fassett project quilted for about a week and assembled it today as well. 

There was also an attempt to arrange the fabrics in a checkerboard but I didn't worry too much about it. There was so much going on.
Basically I tried not to repeat a fabric in any row or column. This wasn't too hard as there were so many to choose from. 
The zipper pull is also very eclectic.
I enjoyed working with these 2 1/2" strips. I'm hoping to find more projects I can use them for.

I also sewed some pearl buttons onto the backs of 4 of my triangular scissor cases. 


No comments:

Post a Comment