Monday 1 May 2023

Three Redwork Pears

I planned to FFO the Redwork Pears yesterday when I had a real urge to accomplish some things. However, I couldn't find the stick I planned to use for the stems of the other two pears. I went out in the rain to find another stick and left it to dry.

This morning I cut the stems from it and finally fully finished (say that three times quickly) the remaining two pears.

As soon as I sat down to glue the new stems and felt leaves into the tops, I found two pre-cut 'stems' in the package with the pattern, leaves, and threads. D'oh!

Anyway, I got them finished and staged a little photo shoot while it wasn't raining outside.
They really are quite photogenic, n'est-ce pas? 

I didn't do the criss-crossed stitches down the seams. It's not too late but I'm not sure I'll bother.

Glad to have another FFO. 

Now I'm trying to decide what new project to start. I spent some time trying to decide on fabric for Le Poulet by Blackbird Designs. The pattern calls for Confederate Grey but I'm sure I can find something appropriate in my vast fabric stash.
I've had the pattern for years and have pulled all the DMC equivalent flosses for it. I toyed with the idea of stitching it over 1 and using it for the top of an Altoids tin. II have to work out the math and will probably have to adapt the pattern to fit. Still undecided - both about what fabric to use and how I'll stitch it.

I also planned to finish the hexie mat that I bought and stitched last fall, but was unable to locate the fabric I want to use for the back. All I need to do is cut the border/sashing strips (I do have that fabric), decide on some batting, and sew the thing together when I find the backing fabric. Then, perhaps I'll quilt it a bit. I already have a place for it to go.
I did empty three of my project bags so am eager to fill them up again with something new.
My stitcherly friends were at our guild's retreat this weekend. I stitched at home along with them. We kept in touch with texts and photos back and forth. I felt included and I look forward to seeing what all they worked on.

No comments:

Post a Comment