Sunday 21 July 2024

Coming Along Nicely

I got a lot done on the cornflower petals last night. I should be able to finish the last one in the corner and get the accents done with the lilac and navy blue threads. 

I really like my Nurge No. 2 rectangular hoop. It's 145mm x 165mm. There are other sizes, too, I like that it's the same basic shape of my stitching. 

Then I need to get serious about picking a lining fabric. I may even use a contrasting fabric like a nice floral yellow.

I tackled a few things on my 'to do' list. I have to write these tasks down so I can check them off. Also lots of them are little tasks and can be accomplished in under a half hour - like cleaning out the ashes from the fireplace.

I borrowed Alexa's pressure washer and got the algae and mold off my front porch. I still want to clean off the stones in the garden before I return it. I thought I'd do my deck but the nozzle is very narrow and would take a LONG time and be hard to hold the trigger in the on position for that length of time. I will try to adjust the nozzle to see if it an make a wider path.

I got the floor mats washed in both cars and used the Dyson to get most of the loose stuff up. I'm getting my car ready to sell so am cleaning it up in preparation. I need to get a 'safety check' and a Used Vehicle Information Package (UVIP) from Service Ontario for $20.

When Poppy and I go on our cross-border shopping trip we'll take my other car (formerly Skip's). I really don't have a list of things I want to get. I'm sure I'll see some things I can't resist at Hobby House Needleworks in Victor NY - just outside Rochester.

No comments:

Post a Comment