Wednesday 31 July 2024

Happy Mail

Some patterns that I ordered arrived this week. 

Most stitchery shops had trouble getting this popular pattern, Maggie Mae by Stacy Nash, in stock. I had to resort to ordering online to get it. I am using some of the called-for hand-dyed threads and DMC equivalents for the rest. Some bits are so small, I had trouble justifying the expense of hand-dyed threads for them. I just need to raid my stash for an appropriate fabric.

My stitcherly friends are surprised I purchased a pattern with a rabbit because they know that I abhor what they can do to my garden and plants.  However this is so dang cute, I couldn't resist.

I liked this pattern with the American goldfinch. 
But I preferred the lettering of this one. So will stitch the one above with the word 'Gratitude' from the one below.
I really like the colours in the Tellin Emblem No. 131 chart. Stitch count is 131 x 102 so wouldn't fit easily into a 5 x 7 frame with 40ct fabric. I will have to get a custom frame for this if I choose to frame it.
I'm starting to get excited about an upcoming cross-border shopping trip. I don't have a lot on my shopping list but it will be really good just to have a change of scenery and to visit some of my old haunts in western New York.


No comments:

Post a Comment