Wednesday 24 July 2024

Words Are Done

I finished the words at Monday morning stitching. The piece measures 15" x 10.5". 

One of the persons on the Plum Street Sampler Stitchers group on facebook liked my 'mistake' on the birds. They said it made them look like gulls. I did have one request for the Canadian flag chart that I graphed.
I've mentioned this in previous posts but I like how the charts for the nautical flags at the top of the mast are included in the pattern. These are my initials G C I.

I will purchase a custom frame and mount it myself. I don't want to use a mat as I think the border is quite adequate to outline the piece. The custom frame place ships with plexiglass with the option of shiny or matte finish. The foam core is already cut and ready for the piece to be stretched/pinned/laced/mounted. It's quite economical if one doesn't mind doing the work. I'm the kind of person that if it's a task I can complete myself, I like to do it. It gives me a sense of accomplishment.

I have several different projects on the go - both stitching and housekeeping. Am also in the process of selling my car. Lots to keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment