Tuesday 25 March 2008

Another Grey Day - UGH!

It was cloudy again today and the temperature was just below freezing. It's snowing again tonight but not as much as predicted. I'm getting really fed up with the weather and am SO glad I missed 6 weeks of this wretched winter.

I finished the first embossed leaves sock. It's so nice and squishy. I have cast on the second sock. If I make this pattern again with the same yarn, I'll go down one size of needle just to snug it up a bit.

In a stash-busting attempt, I have cast on the Basic Cable hat from "Stitch 'n Bitch Nation" p. 75 & 76. It will look a lot like this when it's finished. I'm going to donate it to a silent auction my former school is having on April 9. I hope to knit a couple of them. I'm using Patons Decor yarn, a worsted weight which is 75% acrylic and 25% wool. It was given to me a couple of years ago when I was teaching knitting at a crafts club at my former place of employment.

I knit a couple of inches on the back of the Must Have Cardigan. I'm looking forward to having it done as I realize I don't own a wool cardigan!

I went for a dental cleaning today and everything looked good. I guess being a 'floss-aholic' does have its payoffs. I then treated myself to lunch of enchiladas and red sauce with rice and beans at our local Mexican restaurant, 'Mexico Lindo' on the corner of Taunton and Garrard in Whitby.

No comments:

Post a Comment