Saturday 29 March 2008

Even More Steps Back

I enjoyed Fiona Ellis' workshop at Kniterary today - "Twisting With the Cable Girl". We knit a swatch with cables going every which way. Of course, I ripped out as much as I knit but I was pleased with the practice. It was also very interesting to hear what Fiona had to say about each of the sweaters and how the patterns were inspired. I forgot my camera - duh - but here's a link to the pictures Vicki took.













Here we are beavering away on our swatches.













Here's the actual sweater from the cover of the book! Oooooh - Ahhhhhh!













I hauled out the back of my Must Have Cardigan and upon close inspection, I realized I had made a mistake in the very first cable after the ribbing. Argh! So when I got home I ripped it all the way back to the ribbing and recommenced.













Here's a closeup showing how I modified the pattern and mirrored the big cables so they twisted in the opposite direction.













Here are the Basic Cable hats for the silent auction. They're from "Stitch 'n Bitch Nation".

1 comment: