Thursday 6 March 2008

Home! Brrrrr!

Yesterday we drove from the NE corner of Indianapolis (Castleton) to my sister's place in Petrolia, ON. It was nice and sunny so the roads were dry but much of the I-69 in Michigan is in terrible condition - except around Lansing, the state capitol. I spent much of the time driving in the left lane which wasn't quite so crappy. This was our route.

We stopped to do some book shopping at Barnes and Noble in Pt. Huron before the crossing to Canada. I splurged and bought myself the Interweave Knits book "Favorite Socks". It only took about 5 minutes at the bridge as there were only 3 cars ahead of us in line at Customs. We got to Valerie's by about 4:15pm. Unfortunately the yarn shop we wanted to go to (Country Yarns) closes at 4 on Wednesdays.

This morning we got away 7:45am and arrived home by 11am. Here is a summary of the 3200km route we took.

The house was nice and toasty when we arrived home today thanks to our wonderful neighbour, Andrew Uranowski who also took care of clearing out our driveway. We hope to pick up Ollie this evening or tomorrow. And of course, I'll be Sitting and Knitting tonight with my homies at Kniterary.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog as I was searching for Mexican restaurants in Whitby! Funny how the internet works! Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that if you're crossing at Sarnia to head down south, you're losing a good hour on your drive. My SIL lives just south of Indianapolis and we always crossed at Sarnia and drove down I-69, but last year we tried crossing at Windsor and going down I-75 to I-70, then taking I-70 west into Indianapolis. Saves us at least an hour.
    Lennie, Scarborough

    ReplyDelete