Sunday 16 March 2008

Our Sick Boy

Scooter has not been feeling 'up to par' this weekend. We really knew he was unwell when he wasn't interested in being glued to the computer, he didn't have a very big appetite and was running a fever. It could be the flu. Skip and I have been keeping our distance and washing our hands like crazy. It's the first time I remember him being sick other than when he had his one earache when he was about 4. He may have missed one day due to illness in his entire school career. He's had the odd cold but nothing that's laid him out like this. Hopefully his mom will let him stay home from school tomorrow.

I have more done on the Must Have Cardigan. I decided to knit the left front first because I really wanted to internalize the pattern before I attempted the back.




























I plan to mirror the cables so they run in opposite directions reflected on the central vertical axis as suggested by Stephanie Pearl McPhee on Ravelry. I'm almost to the point where I don't need the spreadsheet to stay on track. I read someone's blog today where she wrote about learning how to do cables without a cable needle from a tutorial Grumperina posted. That is a very useful skill for this project so I thought I'd give it a try. I found the explanation here. I'm getting better and better at it as I use it. I'm now really looking forward to going to Fiona Ellis' cable workshop at Kniterary from 1 - 4 on Sat. March 29.

I'm also looking forward to the (Toronto) Downtown Knit Collective Knitter's Frolic on the April 26 - 27 weekend. Today I noticed that the Marketplace (where many yarn retailers will be present) is only going to be on the Saturday but the class I really want to attend is on the Sunday. Pooh! I guess I'll be going both days. Interestingly, it's the same weekend as the CreativFestival at the International Centre. But the Knitter's Frolic definitely has my vote.

There has been conflicting information about when Stephanie's new book will actually be released. I e-mailed her last night and got a response from her today that the actual release date will be April 1 - the date of her book launch at the Isabel Bader Theatre at U of T. She says there will be autographed copies available for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment