Thursday 20 March 2008

Spring is Here?

You tell me. Does this look like spring to you?













I didn't think so. However, I am glad it is sunny out.

Yesterday Skip and I went into The Big City for our last show in the Mirvish subscription series, "Nicholas Nickleby - Part II". We attended Part I last week. It was a British production and in total is 6 1/2 hours with 27 actors playing 140 parts. That Charles Dickens sure knew how to depict despair, squalor and poverty on stage. Sheesh!

Afterwards we went to the World's Biggest Bookstore and I didn't buy a knitting book! There really was 'nothing to die for'. I did buy a birding book - the definitive birding guide for eastern North American birds by Sibley - which I now see I should have bought online --- argh!

I did make more progress on the embossed leaves socks on the GO train yesterday and only have about an inch to go before decreasing for the toe.













You will have to excuse my unsightly bunion.













And here's a closeup on the 'leaves'.









A couple of days ago I stumbled upon this website whose pictures made me laugh out loud. I particularly love the second one with Penny in a ribbed, pink turtleneck. I can just imagine the Herculean effort it might have taken to get the sweater on the cat. And how the heck did she get them to sit so pretty for the photos? She has more posted on flickr.com. I think Ollie would look good in a black ribbed turtleneck or possibly a red one...

No comments:

Post a Comment