Saturday 15 March 2008

It's the Ides, Man

Progress is being made on the Must Have Cardigan.













I am using stitch markers to delineate the different sections and it has helped reduce the number of opportunities for mistakes tremendously. I also made a spreadsheet to keep the stitch patterns straight. The braided cable has an 8 row repeat and the wider cable pattern has a 26 row repeat. As 26 is not a multiple of 8 it can be very confusing. I'm almost at the point where I don't need the pattern, though.

While I was in Texas, I knit the Diamond Blossom scarf from Iris Schreier's "Modular Knits" book. I used Sean Sheep armytage 100% wool yarn.















We went to the movies today. Skip and Scooter went to see "10,000 BC". I guess it was pretty cheesy. They liked the animation but the action was pretty lame, evidently. I went to see "Juno" and really enjoyed it. I thought it was a riot when Bleeker's mother said she was serving his favourite meal, "breakfast for dinner". WE have that sometimes!!! There's nothing like waffles and eggs for dinner when you can't think of anything else to make.

And last night's dinner of baked tilapia fillets with oven baked potato slices and a side of broccoli was a big hit! Even Scooter liked it. Skip and I had the leftovers for lunch today - yum. We're going to be eating a lot more fish now that I know how to make it.

1 comment: