Tuesday 23 March 2021

3 Out of 12

Now that I have the garden outlining done on the Steady Thread blackwork SAL, I've started to fill in some of the 12 flowers that have been released thus far.

Actually one of the 12 that have already been released is a border flower (tulip) which I may use in one of the other areas if I don't really like one of the others.

I really am loving this project. I modified the poppies a little bit from the original chart as I was inspired by what some others have been doing.
One of the other stitchers who is posting hers as she goes along is also giving the DMC colours. I'm so grateful she is doing this. This is clivia (I hadn't heard of it before), a species of lily from southern Africa.
I probably should have used a darker pink for the fuchsias but I love the purple stamens.
I'm not sure what one I'll tackle next but it's going very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment