Saturday 27 March 2021

While I Waited

At the hospital yesterday, I had several hours to while away. I did a couple of NY Times Sunday crosswords and knit the rest of the foot of a long-abandoned sock project I unearthed recently.

It's some old Kaffe Fassett Design Line 4-ply yarn from Regia. The previous progress photo was taken on January 20 2020. I only had about 2 inches of the foot (from the light green stripe) and the toe to finish. I will need to start the second sock while I'm on a roll. 

It's a generic sock pattern with 3 x 1 ribbing and a Fish Lips Kiss heel. The yarn is lovely and soft.

I forgot to take my cafetière cozy to finish up so I did so today. It was a bit short of the circumference of the Bodum so I added a button band and crocheted some loops to put on the other side.

The buttons were in my stash. 

Here it is all buttoned up. It should keep my tea warm for a bit longer than without a cozy.
It's ready to pour.
I only have a couple of flowers to catch up on my blackwork SAL. Passion flower was Week 13s flower in one of the outer borders. I will keep it in reserve to substitute for a less interesting (to me) flower.

Today I'm pretty wrung out from the emotion and activity of yesterday. We were expecting Skip to have surgery but now have to go through it all again in a few weeks when his biopsies they took yesterday come back. However we will soldier on.  

It's about a year since my stitching group began videoconferencing. We did meet a few times last summer and fall in front yards, on decks, and in public parks. Here's a screen shot I took last week of my Tuesday night Whitby Spinners and Fibre Fans group. We're still going strong in spite of the ban on gathering in person.
We find Zoom has the best audio and video quality. We also learned that after the first 40 minutes when we're cut off, all we have to do is click on the link again and a new chat starts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment