Tuesday 2 March 2021

Monarch Butterfly Punch Needle Finished

I was quite industrious today - doing more housework than I usually do. I then sat down to read the book I got from the library yesterday. I'm on a deadline, though, and want to get the book read in the next day or two. It's called Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout and it won a Pulitzer Prize. 




A few folks I know have read it for their book clubs so I was intrigued. 

My library predicted I'd have to wait 6 months before it would be available, it's that popular, but the library in the city next door had it on the shelves. They also had a 2 DVD set of the 4 episode series starring Frances McDormand, Richard Jenkins and Bill Murray. So I checked out the book and the DVD set. The only problem is the DVD set is due next Monday and I wanted to read the book first so I'm on a deadline to get the book read so I can get the DVD set watched before the discs are due back at the library next Monday.

I don't normally read books in print as I find it too relaxing and tend to fall asleep so I've been sitting at the kitchen table power reading the book.

This is only the 2nd novel I will have read in print in the last 3 or 4 years. I usually listen to audiobooks in bed before I fall asleep. I set the sleep timer so it doesn't drone away in my earphone in my ear all night.

Anyway, I'm more than halfway through the book and hope to finish it tomorrow. 

There is a sequel, "Olive Again", which I finished listening to yesterday morning. It can stand alone without having read the first book but it intrigued me enough to search the first book out.

I plan to read the other two books the author has published and at least one of them is available in audiobook format from my local library.

I finished the monarch butterfly punch needle piece this afternoon.


It measures 5 1/8" x 4" and would make a nifty top for a box. I hope to find one with the right shaped top, preferrably hinged.

I have a few stitching projects that I need to frame. I'm hoping to find a 4" x 5" frame for one of them or I might just mount it on something. 

When I remarked to Skip about how energetic I felt today and got so much done, he noted it could be because it was so nice and sunny today. You know, he just might have something there.

Touch wood, this has been the mildest winter we've had in a long time. Even if we get some big polar vortex over the next few weeks, spring will soon be upon us.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Looks pretty. Good work. I love to travel a lot on road trips. Its fun.

    ReplyDelete