Friday 26 March 2021

Four More Flowers

 I got four more flowers done on the blackwork SAL yesterday.

Hops,

strawberries,
magnolias, and
French lavender.

This is starting to fill out nicely. I have 9 out of the 11 inner flowers done. 
Flower #13, passion flower, came out today, but it is one of the outer border flowers. I have some variegated pink floss that would work for the outer petals. I will keep it in reserve and may substitute it with one I don't like as well.

We head into The Big City in a little while for Skip's surgery. To distract/entertain myself while I wait, I have packed a crossword puzzle, 2 knitting projects (an abandoned sock project, and the rest of the cafetière cozy), and my William Morris stitching project. I also have a couple of audiobooks downloaded on my iPhone so I should be able to tolerate the wait. It is supposed to take only a couple of hours.

We are not sure what is in store for the future but we plan to continue to live life to the fullest until we encounter the next physical or medical impediment. In the meantime, my creative pursuits sustain me. I am grateful for my friends and family, my relative good health - now pain free since my upper arms miraculously no longer ache, comfortable home, and good Wifi. There really isn't much more a person needs.

I also REALLY look forward to getting my COVID-19 vaccine.

No comments:

Post a Comment