Monday 8 March 2021

Who Can Resist a Cute Little Bunny?

Those who know me know that I hate what rabbits do to our garden. Skip has toiled endlessly for the past 25 years we've lived in this house to eliminate all means of access that rabbits might have to our back yard where he works hard to grow flowers and veggies. He has put chicken wire around the entire yard on the lowest parts of our fences. He has blocked off other areas where they might also get through.

Rabbits ostentatiosly lounge in our front yard, nibbling grass and lying in the sun, There are all kinds of them in the neighbourhood and, I'm sure, having babies on an ongoing basis. 

That all being said, I happened upon a very cute pattern to knit a bunny last night. Who could resist such a cute little bunny? It's the Bunty Bunny pattern I downloaded from Ravelry for £2 ($3.69 CAD).


There's also a pattern for a seaside bunny,

a snowrabbit,

and a princess,
Debi Birkin also has lots of patterns for other 'softies' as well.

I grabbed some DK yarn from my stash, and got started. 

I got the head, legs, and one arm done last night. This morning while chatting with my Monday morning stitching group I knit the body, second arm, and started stuffing the various body parts.

The shoes, socks, and white blouse are knit as part of the body parts but I decided to knit it all one colour and will knit the clothing separately.

I also knit the pieces in the round rather than knitting them flat and seaming. I didn't subtract the seam allowance stitches, however, so the decreases are not centred on the body. This doesn't bother me because there will be clothing to cover it. This way, the bunny could be male or female.

I haven't done it yet but the pattern calls for a little white pom pom be attached on the bunny's bum.

Skip and I have only been home for a couple of Easters in the last 14 years since we started spending the winters in the sunny south. I have all kinds of Ukrainian Easter eggs to decorate with, a decoration for our front door, 

and a couple of Peanuts Easter decorations. The bunny will be a new addition this year.

This afternoon I'm having a Zoom chat with some of my university sorority sisters (ΓΦB) whom I've known for 48 years. It should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment