Thursday 15 May 2008

Identical Twins

Tonight was Scooter's last music night. He had to drop music after this year because of the French Immersion courses he's taking and he only had the choice of music or phys. ed. He already studies piano privately so dropping music was not that big of a hardship. While at the concert, I finished the Good 'n Plenty Ribbed socks.

They're identical twins!













What was VERY cool (aside from Scooter's performances on the cello in the Grade 9 String Class and the Intermediate Orchestra) was the send off for Mary Kulyk, the department head of music at Humberside Collegiate, who is retiring at the end of June. Mary and I attended the Faculty of Music at 'the centre of all learning in the universe' - the University of Western Ontario. We both majored in Music Education and spent our entire teaching careers teaching high school music. It was so nice to be there to see her honoured by her music colleagues and retired music consultant and Mary's former music teacher from Humberside, Gino Falconi. I'm so glad I was there for that.

This is what 59 years of teaching (combined, that is) looks like.






Last night I joined Vickie at "It's Stitchin' Time" at Hedgehog Stitchery. I worked on my 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' sampler from X's and Oh's. Although I bought the pattern at the CreativFestival, all the X's and Oh's designs are available for sale at Hedgehog Stitchery.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yours do match, I guess that makes mine fraternal twins. Thanks for the advice and the nice post on my blog. I'll have to try it with some of my socks this summer.

    ReplyDelete