Monday 26 May 2008

Must Have Cardigan is Done!

I finished the button band today and added a line of crochet reinforcement on the inside back neck. Click on the photo for a closeup.
It was too stretchy in that area otherwise.











I rooted through a craft bag of buttons I had bought years ago and by some miracle found exactly 7 buttons in the right size and colour. Woo Hoo!

Ta Da!

















It feels really nice on. I really like working with the Patons Classic Merino wool.

And here's the back.

















I've become intrigued with the concept of dying yarn with Kool Aid. I found a sale on Kool Aid at the local IGA so I grabbed a couple of each colour/flavour.

Now I must order some bare yarn from Knitpicks. I also plan to dye some of the tan Patons Classic Merino and see if I get a nice heather-y colour.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I know it was a long road, I think you knit about two sweaters. But it looks great!

    ReplyDelete