Wednesday 21 May 2008

Plain Black Sock

I've been busy doing nothing in particular. This evening I attended Arts Night at the school I used to teach at and finished the first black ribbed sock with the Lana Grossa Silk/Cashmere yarn.









It's my generic 3 x 1 ribbed sock pattern. I'm quite pleased with the short row heel. It's only the second one I've done. The ribbing makes it fit snugly. I probably could have done an inch of stocking stitch on the back of the sock before starting the short row heel - oh well, next time. Now to cast on the second sock.

Last night I worked on the "Baa Baa Black Sheep" sampler at Stitchin' Time at Hedgehog Stitchery. I'm not loving working with 3 strands of yarn. I probably could have gotten away with two strands but I'm committed to 3 now.

I blocked the right front of the Must Have Cardigan. I'll get the others blocked tomorrow. I practiced doing the mattress stitch and picking up the stitches, knitting a button band and using a ribbed cast-off on the practice sweater Vickie has as homework for her finishing class. I now feel confident that I can do a pretty good job finishing the cardigan. The only challenge left is finding buttons and doing the buttonholes in the right place.

Only a little over a week 'til the "Sex and the City" Movie. Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment