Friday 2 May 2008

"Tra-la, It's May!" (just catching up)

I'm back in the world of the living. Pharmaceuticals and nasal spray have helped ameliorate many of my cold symptoms and I'm feeling much better, thank goodness. I actually left the house to do some shopping today.

Our new LCD TV was on the fritz again yesterday - no audio - so I called the nice people at LG and once again made an appointment with the local LG TV repairer to come over and replace the DSL motherboard. We bought the TV in December and in January had the motherboard replaced. I turned another TV on in the house and there was no audio, then another, then another. I quickly realized this was not a TV issue but a satellite issue. I called the nice people at Bell ExpressVu and got the technical support I needed to reset each of the 4 satellite boxes. I then called the TV repairer back and said the problem was solved. He had already ordered the motherboard and I was still getting a warning message every time I turned on the LG TV which was easily removed by pressing the volume button. He decided to keep the appointment.

The repairer showed up today and instantly made the annoying warning message go away forever. I told him the audio problem had been a satellite problem and had been fixed yesterday. He called his boss and the boss said to replace the motherboard anyway. He then re-hooked up the TV and went on his merry way. The way he hooked up the TV, I don't get any audio for the DVD/VCR and the audio for the TV is going through the home theatre system and can no longer be controlled with the TV remote or the satellite box remote. Argh!!!! So I'm going to have to spend some time figuring out how to hook the VCR back up to the TV because Skip wants to tape the Kentucky Derby tomorrow. Scooter's piano recital is inconveniently at 6pm and we'll miss the race.

After my shopping trip I finished the second 'embossed leaves' sock. I haven't taken pictures of them but here's a shot of the first one.

(click on the photo for a closeup of the detail of the sock and some pesky cat hair on the rug)






I'm still puttering away on the French Market Bag but have spent most of this evening preparing for our upcoming birding trip to Point Pelee.

And now - I'm going to try and get the DVD/VCR hooked up properly.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are back in the land of the living. -VI

    ReplyDelete