Friday 22 August 2008

The Blob is Blocking

I finished the Swallowtail Shawl today while having a pedicure. I love, love, love it! It's my first major lace project. The sucker bled a lot of dye (I think it's the silk that doesn't take the dye as well) while soaking but blocked very nicely. And no major mistakes are obvious.














Thank you again Darryl (my niece's wonderful husband) for giving me the stainless steel wires. Oh yeah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Tay!

I'm just going to have to start another one!

Adam Van Koeverden had a disastrous 1500m kayak race today and finished 8th! It was like watching a train wreck happen. Yeesh! However, Karine Sergerie won a Silver in Women's Welterweight TaeKwondo and Thomas Hall won a Bronze in the 1000m Canoe/Kayak event. That brings our total to 17. I think it would be awesome of Eric Lamaze got to carry the Canadian flag in the closing ceremonies. I sure hope they let him.

I had a shopping spree at the local farmer's market this morning after my workout. I bought locally grown sweet corn, strawberries, wild blueberries, peaches, green beans and raspberries. I eat a cup of berries every morning with most of my breakfasts on this plan so it's nice to have ones that haven't been trucked from Watsonville, CA. I'll eat enough of those in the winter.

I cooked a low fat/low calorie pasta alfredo recipe from my fat blasting manual and put WAY too much garlic in it. I had to rinse the pasta off so Scooter could eat it. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

I learned something new today. I got a notice from flicker that I'm almost at my maximum number of downloaded photos. They want me to pay $24.95 a year to host my photos. Ever the thrifty one, there's no way I'm paying. Oh no! How am I going to upload my photos to my Ravelry page? Well, I went to the photo editing page in Ravelry and successfully uploaded my swallowtail photo right from my computer. Yay! I think I could have also 'slurped' it from here but I didn't have any luck with that the other night.

2 comments:

  1. The Swallowtail looks great! I am amazed that you could knit it in public! I had to relegate it to completely alone times.
    Flicker will still allow you to upload once you are over your minimum you just won't have access to the oldest photos unless you pay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was only casting off in public so I didn't really have to think. ;-)

    ReplyDelete