Wednesday 13 August 2008

The Fridge Saga Continues

On Monday, I noticed the refrigerator wasn't cooling properly again, in spite of the new freezer control. I called Whirlpool yet again. To make a long story short, they are replacing my 'lemon' with a new fridge. It is due to arrive in a week or so. I sure hope the new one will work properly - what a hassle.

Theta, joined his siblings, Zeta and Eta in chrysalis form. The should begin hatching in about 7 - 10 days.

I taught a beginning knitting class this evening. Both knitters did very well and were quite keen to go home and practice. I was able to introduce the knitted cast on, the knit stitch, the purl stitch, ribbing and casting off. I also demonstrated k2tog (knit 2 together) and YO (yarn over) and how they are used to knit lace. I hope I demystified knitting somewhat for my students.

I am enjoying watching the Olympics and have been staying up quite late to see the events live. It is disappointing that Canadians still haven't won any medals. The swimmers are breaking records but are being eclipsed by other swimmers. Those new Speedo suits seem to be contributing to the faster times.

I had my 9th personal training session today. I'm halfway done my program. Friday I will get measured and officially weighed. I think I will have lost about 6 lb. which makes it 2lb. per week. I'm pleased with the results. I hope I'm gaining enough lean muscle mass. I want to become a calorie-burning machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment