Saturday 2 August 2008

Geek Alert!

I bought a new laptop today. It looks pretty normal, doesn't it?




























It has 1GB cache memory and a 16GB SSD hard drive. It also has a built-in webcam.

Here it is on top of my other laptop.

























It's teeny weeny! Skip said that I should tell people I washed my laptop and it felted.

It's an ASUS Eee PC 900 and I got it here in Markham. I had never heard about the Eee PC until my sister bought one yesterday. Ever the competitive one, I had to have one, too. It has an 8.9" screen, measures 8.86" x 6.69" x 1.33" and weighs 2.18lb - a little less than a kilogram.

The real motivator was the weight limitations on our upcoming SunWing flight to Halifax. They only allow 5kg (11 lb.) for hand luggage (other than a purse) and 20kg for checked luggage. My other laptop weighs 3kg and my back pack weighs 3kg (it has wheels) so I was going to have to get a huge purse to put the laptop in. Now, I can slip this baby into my purse. Woo hoo! AND it connects wirelessly to the Internet. I can send and receive e-mail, update my blog, upload photos, etc., etc. Practically anything my laptop can do the Eee PC can do.

On the knitting front, I have started the 16th square. It has traveling leaves up the centre and leafy columns on each side. On my first attempt, I neglected to notice the centre panel had row 1 start on the wrong side. After a few rows I figured this out and frogged it back to the garter stitch and began again. This time, I think I've got it. I'll post a photo tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment