Wednesday 6 August 2008

Stitch 'n Pitch

Tonight was the Jays' Stitch 'n Pitch game versus the Oakland A's. The A's lead until the 9th inning and lost 4 to 3. Three sections of the 200s were filled with knitters. Amy Singer threw the first pitch. I wondered why Stephanie wasn't there with her family and remembered that she was on vacation. I finished the short row heel of the 2nd black ribbed sock and am now half done the foot. I'll be glad to get that sock done and move on to some other sock patern.

The third butterfly, Delta, hatched this morning. She sat on the twig in the jar for a couple of hours and when I was trying to get a good photo she flew over to the neighbour's yard to the edge of their above-ground pool. I saw her go over the edge and was worried she might have ended up in the water but couldn't see from my yard so I just had to 'let it go'. The next chrysalis, Epsilon, will probably hatch tomorrow. The three other caterpillars are growing quickly and Zeta could pupate in the next day or two. There were some eggs on the leaves they were eating but I haven't looked close enough to see if they're going to hatch.

The saga of the defective refrigerator continued today. To recap... it was delivered on July 15 an one week later the refrigerator ceased to cool to 40F. The first repairer I called couldn't get to my place for several days. The 2nd guy I called arrived in 1/2 hour and immediately diagnosed the problem. He told me a stop-gap measure to limp the fridge along until he could repair it. This involves putting my hair blower in the freezer on low and melting the ice that builds up because it is not defrosting properly. A few days later I called him to see if the replacement part had come in and he said it had not and that he would call me when it did. It is now almost 2 weeks and the part is still not in.

I called Home Depot and they wanted to send a technician out. I explained that a technician had already been to my home and the part was backordered. To make a long story short. I am now demanding that they replace this defective refrigerator with a new one. I have been passed from one person to another at Home Depot and I'm fed up. I paid for a fridge that should work and I want a fridge that works - not a defective fridge that doesn't work. As Skip says, "it's a big toaster". If a brand new toaster goes on the fritz after a week (as did my fridge) it would get returned for a replacement. That's all I want, a replacement for this fridge. The Home Depot people are 'seeing what they can do'. I will be on the phone with them again tomorrow morning at 9am. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with the toaster analogy...if it doesn't work from the get-go, it should be repaired and not repaired.

    ReplyDelete