Thursday 20 December 2018

Flatfold Finish

This piece has been waiting for me to finish it.
I wanted to do a flatfold finish but it is very time-consuming as it's like finishing two ornaments. I had a craft day with Marilyn the other day. She worked on a project bag and I worked on finishing this ornament.

I had a heck of a time centering it but finally was happy with it after ripping it apart a couple of times.
The back is easy to do as the polka dots were easy to align. The top of the outer back piece is long and folds over to go between the two front pieces. Vonna Pfeifer has a good video on the subject.
One also has to remember to put the little strip of fabric between the two pieces, sandwiching it between the backs and fronts.

It turned out pretty cute and looks very spiffy beside the one I did last year.
It does look a little bare, though so I will probably make some cording to go around the front piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment