Sunday 16 December 2018

Lattice Cowl

I picked this pattern so I could learn a new stitch, the Indian cross stitch. I'm not sure how the pattern got its name but for political correctness, let's assume it's from India.

I used 1.1 skeins of Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend yarn in the Deep Sea colourway.

I modified the pattern by casting on 120 stitches. It had to be a multiple of 8. If I were to knit it again with the same weight yarn, I'd cast on 136 sts to get a generous 22" circumference.
Where you see the straight line of garter stitch 3/4 of the way down was where I didn't stagger the cross stitches. Oops! I guess that's a design feature now.

In the garter stitch section after the second last set, I increased 16 sts evenly in the round to create a bit more width so I would flare out a bit and sit nicely.
This was a fast knit because of the cross stitch sections.

It makes a very cozy cowl. I would definitely recommend this as a cowl for a child rather than using a a scarf that can get caught on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment