Saturday 25 June 2022

All Finished and a New Venture

I finished the last square on the faux sashiko piece. I used #12 perle cotton B5200 on 14ct navy Aida. I think stitching it on evenweave would have driven me crazy. Checking back on my notes, I noted that I may have started it using Coton A Broder 16 but I think I switched to perle cotton early on. That may explain why the second square in the top row looks so dense.

This is the Sashiko Sampler pattern from The Steady Thread. I actually preferred it to the botanical SAL I did last year because it only used one colour of thread. 

Yesterday I met with Lori Pengelly, the proprietor of Pansy Patch Quilts and Stitchery. She gave me the fabric, threads, and charts for the sampler she wants me to stitch as a display for Market next spring. She doesn't have all the elements charted yet (a series of autumn-themed houses) but I can do the ones she has done and the border. 

Her business exploded after Kimberly Jolly featured her Houses on Peppermint Lane series on a Fat Quarter Shop video. I'll be stitching the big model that features all the patterns on one big piece as was done for the Peppermint Lane series (pictured below). It will be used for display purposes at trunk shows, etc.

Her patterns are available on the Pansy Patch Quilts and Stitchery website,  Kimat Designs in Whitby, Traditional Stitches in Calgary and many other bricks and mortar stitchery shops and online at Fat Quarter Shop,123 Stitch, and many others.

One of Lori's quilt designs will be featured in the upcoming Fall 2022 issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects Magazine. Here's a sneak peek.
Lots of wool felt appliqué and embroidery stitches. I'm sure it will be a big hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment