Monday 6 June 2022

Two FFOs Today

During my morning Zoom call with the stitchers, I got the fusible batting cut for the two project bags, then ironed them to the backs of the outer checkerboard fabrics.

After the call I picked out the lining and got one of the bags sewn up with a minimum of mistakes that I had to rip out. 

The lining is yellow with a white floral print.
This time I used the floral patterned squares as the 'darks' and the plain squares as the 'lights'. The jelly roll only had 2 patterned strips and three plain strips so I supplemented with a couple of fabrics from my stash - the floral with cream background and the green butterfly fabric. I added a solid pink fabric to the plain array.
I still struggle with the right size for the vinyl window. This time I had to cut off an inch from the bottom of the front row. However the top row folded over nicely as a result. I will make the next one cutting an inch off the vinyl and see how that goes.
I do have the next one cut out and the batting in place. I just need to cut the lining and pick a zipper. I have a visit to FabricLand in my near future to buy more zippers and possibly to make a big purchase with the very generous gift certificate Skip gave me for Christmas - perhaps one of those rotating cutting boards? 

I also framed Token of Fall. I bought some more foam core last week and the custom frame I ordered online arrived the week before. It turned out quite well. At the last minute I remembered to add my initials and the year in the corner.
Not sure where I will hang it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment