Tuesday 7 June 2022

I Joined the Sleeves

After some knitting and frogging, I finally decided on an appropriate body and sleeve length. Last night I got the sleeves joined to the body and a few rounds knit.

It took some doing to get the right colour aligned  but I'm on the right track. You can't tell at this point but the sleeves are actually a bit longer than the body.
The green yarn is holding the underarm stitches from the sleeves and the body. They'll be grafted later once the yoke is done.

From KDD&Co:

then


How the yoke decreases will be done has not yet been determined. Still reading up on the matter. I'm also at the point where I should be doing short rows to make the back a bit longer. Not sure I can do them and maintain the striping, though. I may just do short rows at the top of the back just before I do the neck ribbing. Or none at all.

I'm loving the colours and it's so soft and squishy.

I find knitting to be so soothing - except when I have to tink, frog, or rip out stuff. When I finally got everything joined, I was on a roll and was shocked to see it was almost 2am when I finally put the sweater away and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment