Wednesday 1 June 2022

William Morris Project Bag

Jeanette visited Ottawa last week and had an opportunity to visit Paisleys Quilt Shop in Carp, a suburb of Ottawa. She generously offered to shop for us and suggested we check out their website and give her our orders.

I'd been eyeing the Moda fabric line of William Morris prints and asked for 0.5m of the indigo version of Strawberry Thief. 

I also asked her to get me a pack of 42 - 5" charm squares representing every fabric in the Wm Morris line - similar to this (mine didn't have any red squares).



She also got me the blue Strawberry Thief infusion mug. It's porcelain and lovely.

Of course I had a project in mind for the charm squares - another project bag. So this afternoon during my Zoom chat I gridded some more interfacing, quartered the 5" squares, separated the lights from darks, and laid them out on the interfacing to press them into position.

I raided my stash for a dark blue zipper and a golden lining fabric then after supper, I started sewing everything together. 

None of the squares had a good image of the bird with the strawberries in its mouth but I did manage to have some strawberries appear on one of the squares on the back.

I need to fashion some type of zipper pull. Will have to check my bead stash for appropriate ones.

1 comment: