Thursday 16 June 2022

More Inspired Sewing

Once again I created another Cross Stitch Clutch from my stash. The pattern is available here. I did have to buy the zipper, though. 

I'm pretty sure I purchased the fabric in McAllen TX in 2018 or 2019 and have made a couple of other items from it.

It went together pretty quickly. That's what I like about this project - I like to do stuff quickly.

I modified the pattern by omitting the interior fabric pocket, leaving only the vinyl one. I also changed the strips above and below the zipper to 2" strips, double folded. I enclosed the vinyl in it on the bottom and sewed it to the zipper. On the top, I enclosed the top zipper tape with the fold. I glued the top strip to the fabric rather than sew through all the layers. I could have used a decorative stitch in lieu of straight stitching.


The wool felt square is for pins or needles.
Folded, it measures 8.5" x 5" and easily holds my iPhone 12 Pro, or any other stitching accessories.
I fashioned the zipper pull from a lobster claw clasp, 7-strand wire, and beads and the key charm from my stash.
I did also consider the directional fabric, added 1/2" to the outer fabric, cut it 4 1/2" up from the bottom, rotated it, and sewed it to the top. The seam is hidden under the zipper.
The clutch is perfect for a small item of stitching. Once everything is cut out, it sews up pretty quickly. I'm going to be checking out her other patterns for fun things to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment