Friday 19 January 2024

A Makeshift Solution

I had an issue in the centre of the star and had to figure out how to solve it. Due to excessive yanking on the thread while trying to remove a slip knot, I severed two horizontal threads. I cut a piece of the linen from a corner and held it to the back and stitched through it to provide new support for the compromised threads. 

It seemed to work. I also used my SnagNabit to try and even out some of the threads that looked quite askew. It's not perfect but good enough for me. The extra fabric on the back doesn't show behind the star.

From a distance you can hardly see my mistake and its correction.
I've done quite a bit on the border since then. I do the green stems/tendrils at the table and at night while watching TV with Skip, I fill in the flowers and will fill in the leaves.

I love all the colours and will keep trying to put a few stitches in every time I do some stitching. This piece is definitely a marathon and not a race.

I have decided on the saying I'm going to put on the bottom of my pincushion mattress. I got it graphed and ready to stitch. 
I'm not completely sold on my initials and the date. I'll put some stitches into that piece, too. Looking at my charting again, I need to change the bottom of the 'U' in 'much' so it looks less like a 'V'.

Skip and I went out for lunch on Monday. It was our first lunch out in ages, possibly since before October 2022. We met a friend of his and had a very nice time. It felt 'normal'. After which we both came home and napped. He got himself to his dental cleaning appointment this morning. Off to the hospital this afternoon to see about what treatment he will undergo next. 

I have enjoyed having Skip feel much more 'with it' and be able to do more things for himself. He needs to continue to do as much as he can embracing the concept of 'if you don't use it, you lose it'. Quality of life is high on the list of priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment