Thursday 11 January 2024

Daytime Photos - Still Gloomy Though

I got a photo of the Quaker #6 that I started 2 years ago and finished a couple of months ago.

I got the last square frame at Michaels so will need to get this piece mounted and in the frame along with the others mentioned in the last post. It should look like it goes with this one I completed back in 2020. Same designer, same fabric, same floss (DMC 115), same frame, same size.
I also took my scrappy worsted (mostly), acrylic (mostly) blanket outside to get a somewhat decent photo now that the fringes have been twirled and cut to 3" in length.
Basically I took the two strands of one colour and two strands of the adjacent colour. Like I did with another blanket:
Then both twirled clockwise: (also called 's' twist)
Then the two ends knotted together near the ends:
Then when released, the two colours twirled together the other way. ('z' twist)
To create about the same amount/angle of twist, I did count the number of times I twirled for each pair of colours. 
The fringe twisters are reasonably priced and are available here. I have used used mine for several blankets I've knit, 

some projects I've woven, 
and on the 3 linen stitch scarves I've knit. 

This one was knit with my handspun.
So that's a couple more projects completed. I can start some new ones with a clear conscience.

No comments:

Post a Comment