Wednesday 17 January 2024

A Stitching Day and Other Stuff

On Sunday, we got together to stitch at Poppy's. We have decided to make the second Sunday of the month a regular stitching day at one of our houses.

Poppy showed us the Japanese embroidery piece she had completed. It is stunning.

Marilyn took this shot of Jen1 as her mug matched her shawlette. Jen1 LOVES yellow.
I beavered away on a model I was stitching for Lori from Pansy Patch Quilts and Stitchery. It's one of a series of designs she'll be releasing at the 2024 Nashville Needlework Market (a trade show) the first weekend of March. I picked up the fabric, threads, and pattern from her on Friday afternoon and stitched most of Friday night and most of Saturday. Then again at our stitch day on Sunday, and at my Monday morning stitching group, finishing up on Monday night. I took a photo and caught a couple of things I had missed, then sent a photo to Lori for her to check out. She found some more omissions which I easily added. I'll be meeting her at a point equidistant from our respective homes on Saturday for the handoff.

I haven't done a single stitch on my sampler 'mattress' since Friday but earlier last week I got all the outlines done for the various pieces. 

I still don't know what I'll put on the bottom - my name? a pithy saying? just the date? I'll see what my stitcherly friends think I should do. How about "Live Simply, Love Much"?

I did some stitching on my Live on Little and finished the star. I'll stitch some more and take some photos for the next blog post.

Skip and I have enjoyed not having to go into the hospital the past few weeks except for just a couple of non-treatment appointments. Although still fatigued, he's feeling quite a bit better. His condition is slightly improved and fairly stable. Our appointment this Friday will outline the next course of treatment. We think he'll start more immune therapy next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment