Wednesday 24 January 2024

Finally Fully Finished!

The custom frame I ordered for Winter Rose Manor arrived yesterday. I'm very glad I added an extra 3/4" on each side because the stitching fit with just a few threads beyond the border on all sides.

I need to remember that the dimension I order is not the size of the stitching but the stitching plus extra border for the inset in the frame. 

I started Winter Rose Manor on January 1 of last year. Jennifer, Sharon, Poppy, Marilyn, Barb, and I  decided it would be a stitchalong. Jen1 and Marilyn finished and framed theirs before the end of the year. I got the stitching done by the end of December. Barb is still working on hers. Sharon started hers recently and I'm not sure if Poppy has started hers yet.

To recap, I changed the colour of the house from Conch to CCW Bella Rosa because I wanted it pinker. I also changed Toasted Marshmallow for the baskets and snow to CCW Khaki Mocha. The skeins of Toasted Marshmallow had too much tan colour for my liking. I added Cayenne to the male cardinal's wings to provide more of a contrast with his breast. For the female, I changed her body colour to Palomino. 

Because the house colour was so close to the fabric colour, I outlined the house with CCS Woodrose backstitching. I added all our initials and moved the date from below the tree pyramid to the top right corner. Because of the initials, I moved the snowflakes to space them somewhat evenly around them. 

I'm very happy with the colour of the frame. I ordered it from here and it came in two weeks. I also ordered the glare free 'glass' which is actually plexiglass. I guess shipping glass could be a risk of breakage. I could have also ordered hanging hardware but I had some on hand that I was happy to use.

I had a surprise this morning when I checked Facebook. Teresa Kogut posted a sneak peek of one of the charts she is going to be releasing at Market the first weekend of March - 'Foxes have Dens'. It's party of a new Early American Folk Art series.
I had totally forgotten about stitching this model for her last year. I noted that she has added backstitching to make the white stitching on the fox 'pop'. It looks lovely. She'll be showing her releases for market on her YouTube channel very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment