Sunday 18 August 2024

A Busy Week

Frény returned from Edmonton on Friday and made her way back to Whitby. We slept in a bit the next day, (yesterday) and got ourselves ready to drive to Sarnia.  

While driving westward, we drove through two violent rain systems and got what sounded like an Amber alert on our phones. It was a tornado warning - and we needed to take cover. We could see the dark clouds north of us so kept vigilant and continued on in a SW direction. 

Once in Sarnia, I dropped Frény off at her sister’s place and proceeded to my niece’s place near Oil Springs. 

It has been a much-needed relaxing time here. We have no plans for today which is totally fine with me. I’ll head back to Whitby tomorrow.

At Jeanette’s on Friday, I finished Maggie Mae.

Now I’m in search of appropriate fabric for the back of her, as she’ll be finished as a pincushion.

Poppy and Barb are in Atlanta this week at the EGA Seminar, learning some surface embroidery techniques and Hardanger. I’m having the gang over on Tuesday so I’ll get to see all the stuff Barb did. Wednesday James is coming out for a visit, and Thursday I’m meeting friends for breakfast.

I think I’ll spend the rest of the day today relaxing and maybe do some stitching on the many WIPs that I brought with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment