Friday 9 August 2024

A New Project

 I started Maggie Mae last week. I tried all the local sources for the pattern but it was back ordered from the distributor. As I mentioned a couple of blog posts ago,  I finally got it from 123stitch.com.

The Animal Crackers series is not new but after the release of sweet Maggie Mae at Market in May, I'm told the previous designs in the series have gained new popularity.

I decided to do the large areas with hand-dyed floss and use DMC for the smaller areas.

It is coming along nicely.

The fabric is some mystery 36ct hand-dyed linen from my stash.
I have a bunch of random fabrics in my stash so I stitched 'x's', then measured an inch and counted the stitches over 2. Then stapled the tag.
Kim and Meagan serge the edges of the fabric they sell but when I have raw edges I just zigzag a 5mm width and a 4 or 5mm length to encase the edges.

I MUCH prefer to stitch with one thread so do most of my stitching on 40ct but am getting good coverage on this 36ct fabric with one thread. 


Tomorrow is a Kimat Designs stitch day near Stouffville. Carpooling has been arranged. I'm taking Maggie Mae and a couple of other WIPs. It should be fun but it's an early wakeup and I need to get packed before I go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment