Sunday 11 August 2024

The Stealth Project is Revealed!

When Poppy and I were on our cross-border shopping trip last weekend, she wistfully mentioned she needed a project bag for one of the projects she was going to be working on at the EGA Seminar 2024 in Atlanta next week. I filed that in the back of my mind for my return home. It is also her birthday next  week.

As I mentioned in a previous blog post, I crafted the project bag, a beaded zipper pull with a charm, and a matching pincushion. I met up with her yesterday at Kimat Designs' stitch day at the Lemonville Community Centre near Stouffville and was able to give her the birthday gifts which included the project bag.

I made the quilted checkerboard months ago and used it for the back of the bag.

When I bought the Promenade charm pack, I also bought some yardage of one of the prints which was used for the interior, and bindings for the zipper and circumference.
I found some cute sunflower ribbon on a spool which I cut and used as a little logo tag (sunflowers are some of my favourite flowers) and sewed it into the binding.
Zipper pull.
While we were at Hobby House last weekend, I saw her admiring a little tuffet pin cushion. I filed that away in my brain, too, thinking, "Heck that would be so easy to make".

I used two 5" charm squares for the pincushion, stuffed it firmly and stitched the radiating lines through the centre. The button was made with one 2 1/2" interfaced square that matched the lining of the project bag. The button blanks were left over from when we made needle minders at guild and Elim a few years back.

The little button on the bottom that I glued in place was from my jar of random buttons. I remember it being from an old négligée (from decades ago). The colour was perfect!
Poppy was as pleased with her gifts as I was making them for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment