Wednesday 16 February 2022

Almost to the Toe

I got more done last night while finishing up the last two episodes of  'Inventing Anna'. 

The striping is different on the foot because of the decrease in the number of stitches. I actually decreased too many sts - down to 60 around the foot and decided not to frog back to fix it. I had originally intended to only decrease to 64 sts but got carried away. The foot of the sock does fit snugly so it's fine, it made for slightly a bit more than 10% ease.

I almost have the stitching done on the Four Little Hearts biscornu but may change to a different pattern. I did this hummingbird biscornu a few years ago. I actually made two and donated one for an auction at a birding festival in Texas.

I could redo it and a matching scissor fob and scissor case. I have 6 weeks to get it all figured out. Will check my stash to see if I have appropriate fabric.

With more relaxation of COVID protocols, as of the beginning of March we can now return from the US without having to take a molecular PCR test. There will be only random tests and they can be rapid antigen tests (RATs) - much faster and more convenient. Speaking of RATs, a neighbour texted me this morning that our local pharmacy was handing them out. Skip went over and got us a box. I then notified another neighbour and several of my stitching and spinning friends to check their own local pharmacies or come over to ours and pick some RATs up. I purchased the exact same ones online before Christmas just before the big giveaway for $54CAD plus tax and shipping. After Christmas another online vendor was selling the same box of 5 tests for $139.95. With more tests available, easing up on the COVID restrictions might be a bit easier for many of us.

When I entertained the idea of making a short trip to the US (two nights), Skip didn't balk (as much). It will be a wait-and-see situation as we monitor the numbers after the beginning of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment