Tuesday 1 February 2022

Sampler and Afghan

I did a bit more on my Louisa Acton/Cordelia Peacock sampler this morning. 

I did the sawtooth with one strand but instead of 1 2 3 4 5 6 5 4 3 2 1, I started a thread lower and did 2 3 4 5 6 7 6 5 4 3 2. I used the variegated Valdani Withered Green thread for that but for the lettering underneath I'm using a solid DMC colour.

I sure hope I counted properly for the name. I started in the centre and am working out and may cram the letters of 'Cordelia' a little to ensure they all fit. One strand over one thread is a real pain to pick out if I've screwed it up.

I finished the 5th and last black band on the crocheted ripple blanket and have about 1/4 of the last red band done. We'll see how much I get done on my Zoom chat tonight with the Whitby Spinners and Fibre Friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment