Friday 18 February 2022

One Sock Finished and Another Biscornu Started

The first ribbed helix 2.0 sock is finished and second one is underway.

I got the fabric and rest of the threads for my hummingbird biscornu yesterday. Two of the colours are DMC Jewel/Light Effects threads. I'll use one strand of this with one strand of DMC.
Working with thread like this is not my favourite thing. The shiny part often separates from the coloured part with the darning method I use so I have to slow down and use the stabbing method so as to not have excessive wear on the thread causing the shredding. It's going to look really pretty when I'm done, though.
I look forward to stitching and making the scissor case.

We had a couple of days of above freezing temperatures. It started to rain last night, then, as the temperatures started to plummet, there were ice pellets and then snow. There was about 10cm (4") to shovel this morning. A neighbour cleared our sidewalk with his snowblower and was doing several neighbours' driveways. I shovelled our front steps, walkways, back patio, and back deck. I left the rest for Skip to do with the snowblower. I'm sure the snowplough will fill in the bottom of the driveway and we'll have to clear that out sometime later today.

I don't mind doing my share of the snow clearing. I can certainly use the workout. I cleaned the oven the other day and because I couldn't figure out how to remove the door (like I could on our previous oven), I had to crouch into all these weird positions to wipe all the goop off. For the last two days my inner thighs have been really achy. They're not too bad today, thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment